Starting Tuesday, October 31st, ITS began upgrading all Skype for Business users to the 2015 server. The upgrade will be completed in stages by school and/or administrative area, and groups will be moved to Skype server 2015 based on a schedule. The process occurs overnight and each account experiences a brief outage of a couple of minutes during the upgrade. There will be targeted communications to each area once we have determined their upgrade date. We will also provide more details and the schedule at www.pace.edu/lync as they become available.
Below are some highlights of new and improved features.
- Add and remove contacts from Mac clients
- Conversation history for Mac and mobile users
- New meeting web client with improved user experience for clients
- Meeting features added to mobile clients
- PowerPoint controls and admit/deny options for presenters
- Improved performance with screen sharing
- Initiate a call on your desk phone from the Skype for Business client (Note: Requires adding phone number info in Call Handling settings.)
- Search Skype for Business consumer directory for contacts (Note: Will not be available immediately after upgrade.)
No action should be required. However, some folks may need to sign out and back in to enable the new features.