- Utilize the Pace VPN and connect to office computers utilizing Remote Desktop. Do all/most of your work on your remote desktop.
- If you must utilize your personal computer, take care not to store any files containing sensitive information on them. Instead, store files on Pace’s OneDrive for Business service which offers secure file storage linked to your Pace University account.
- If possible, do your university work on a separate computer than the one used by your children, etc.
- Ensure that your home computer has all the latest updates for Windows, Microsoft Office, and any other software that you typically use on a daily basis.
- Ensure that your home computer has antivirus installed and that it is up-to-date with the latest definitions.
- Ensure that your home wireless network is secured using a strong password and utilizes WPA2 encryption.
Be aware that scammers are taking advantage of the situation and question any email that seems remotely suspicious. Contact email@example.com with questions about suspicious email prior to responding or taking action.